Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I ve found that in these gears my car is getting fuel to the engine for a short while anyway without pressing the accelerator. Is this normal? I find it a bit annoying especially if I am driving slowly in second and sometimes have to use the brake to slow the car down.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying if crawling in second or third (at idle, so foot off the gas) you get sudden acceleration? On the face of it, all I can think of is that the anti-stall is cutting-in, which means engine revs are getting to low. Does the engine sound like it is chugging a bit before the extra fuel?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying if crawling in second or third (at idle, so foot off the gas) you get sudden acceleration? On the face of it, all I can think of is that the anti-stall is cutting-in, which means engine revs are getting to low. Does the engine sound like it is chugging a bit before the extra fuel?
it s like it is in cruise a bit. No chugging. No sudden acceleration. In my old car if you took your foot off the gas it would stop soon.
Thanks

·
Registered
973 Posts
In my old car if you took your foot off the gas it would stop soon.
I've never had a petrol car (manual or TC automatic) that stopped if you took your foot off the accelerator; what was it, can I ask? Wasn't electric was it? ;)

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,955 Posts
I've never had a petrol car (manual or TC automatic) that stopped if you took your foot off the accelerator; what was it, can I ask? Wasn't electric was it? ;)
Like Dubs just said, it's the anti-stall system kicking in because you are going too slowly for the gear in question. If in doubt just change down a gear!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's not a fault then just badly designed. I find if you are having to drive at about 5-10mph in second it wants to speed up and you have to use the brake to slow it down. Never had this in all my previous cars.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to have it checked; it could be your idle is too high. I think at idle my Proceed does 5mph at idle in first and about 8mph at idle in second.

Are we talking petrol or diesel for your Ceed? If diesel, they tend to be longer geared so may be 10mph is normal? In which case, crawl in first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts