Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have an Aug 2017 Sportage, currently running this software.

Vehicle Font Personal luxury car Gas Technology

I have discovered the new Hyundai / Kia download site & downloaded this version 21Q2|QL_17MY.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027|KM|Sportage_MY17_EU|1549|1

This download seems to be the only one available for my MY17 Sportage infotainment system. :unsure:

Can anybody confirm this new version will be compatible? :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi I have an Aug 2017 Sportage, currently running this software.

View attachment 12578

I have discovered the new Hyundai / Kia download site & downloaded this version 21Q2|QL_17MY.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027|KM|Sportage_MY17_EU|1549|1

This download seems to be the only one available for my MY17 Sportage infotainment system. :unsure:

Can anybody confirm this new version will be compatible? :)
Yes that's the correct software as yours is 3 years out of date

·
Registered
239 Posts
As far as the European website goes, yes.
This is the list of supported models (software version an map version):
KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications

Font Pattern Circle Number Paper

So yes, it will update from QL_17MY (6 March 2018) with map 10.41, to QL_17MY of 27 Oct 2021 with map 14.47

·
Registered
239 Posts
Having said that, I get the feeling that the AEU or EU suffix at the end of the Model name might indicate EUrope or Australia and EUrope.

So, be careful.

·
Super Moderator
6,801 Posts
Having said that, I get the feeling that the AEU or EU suffix at the end of the Model name might indicate EUrope or Australia and EUrope.

So, be careful.

EU/EUR are Europe, which Kia UK fall under although a seperate company.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upgraded the infotainment system today version as image.
Vehicle Computer Personal luxury car Font Gas

Had a quick look around the upgrade & not much has changed. :(

The only problem I've seen is the road speed limit info icon in the nav screen & instrument binnacle is not displaying a speed just three - - - :unsure:

Anybody know how to fix this issue?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think the map is probably missing the speed limit data. Or the uvo live link is down. Or your camera can’t read speed limit signs and the new map is missing info.
i did wonder if these updates are Europe only and not UK approved yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the map is probably missing the speed limit data. Or the uvo live link is down. Or your camera can’t read speed limit signs and the new map is missing info.
i did wonder if these updates are Europe only and not UK approved yet.
My camera must be able to read speed limits as the function worked with the previous software version. :eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
My camera must be able to read speed limits as the function worked with the previous software version. :eek:
You are saying that the software update you performed has not only updated the head unit software responsible for SatNav, radio, media etc, but it also changed the behaviour of the software that controls the camera that reads signs which is also in charge of things like lane keep assist, and other safety features? If so, the new software isn’t compatible with your camera and can’t read the data from it. Or maybe can’t tell the camera to read signs.
pictur if the dash when that happens?

·
Super Moderator
6,801 Posts
You will have to drive passed a sign & it will pick it up. Mine has done that today. After update as it seems to forget the speed limit prior to update.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You will have to drive passed a sign & it will pick it up. Mine has done that today. After update as it seems to forget the speed limit prior to update.
That’s a good point. The Speed Limit Display on my car was always - - until I had driven past the first sign, and then it read it. Not before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That’s a good point. The Speed Limit Display on my car was always - - until I had driven past the first sign, and then it read it. Not before.

I went for a test drive after the update, passed a few speed limit signs. Still have three dashes in the icon.:(

I'll hope it improves after more driving. :unsure:

·
Registered
802 Posts
@vengablue ; I can’t think of anything to resolve except maybe a reset of the head unit. The update left me with a few defaults that I needed to change, like camera alerts being off, but nothing actually being wrong like that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Upgraded the infotainment system today version as image.
View attachment 12599

Had a quick look around the upgrade & not much has changed. :(

The only problem I've seen is the road speed limit info icon in the nav screen & instrument binnacle is not displaying a speed just three - - - :unsure:

Anybody know how to fix this issue?
Yep have exactly same issue. Mine is the standard Gen 5 (MY18) software but unfortunately like you, the speed limit signs now show (- - -) and there is no data for the speed limits.
I think they’ve either mistakenly missed the data from the latest update or the update was never designed for U.K. markets (but I’d assume if you drove in Europe etc you would get speed limit etc so can’t see that would be the issue)

·
Registered
719 Posts
@vengablue ; I can’t think of anything to resolve except maybe a reset of the head unit. The update left me with a few defaults that I needed to change, like camera alerts being off, but nothing actually being wrong like that.

Nope, I don’t think it’s anything to do with resetting the system. I did a reset to default and same thing happens.
it would seem that there is no data available for the speed limits meaning it just throws back the three - - -symbols.
When you pass a sign it will then update as it should but seems temporary and after a short amount of time the 3 - - - pops back again.
also, national speed limit signs are no longer recognised. I was in a 50 zone which showed fine after it passed the sign, went into the dual carriageway and passed the sign and (- - -) appears again where it used to and still should have shown as 70mph. So no idea what’s up but fact it’s a few of us on here with same issue would indicate that there’s a problem with the update and data for signs is missing currently.

·
Registered
719 Posts

What car/software do you have? Mine is the My18 Sportage software but maybe other variants do not have the issue.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mine’s a MY20 Xceed,

Is that UVO software as well? If so maybe it’s different to the software without UVO as it seems to be that which is playing up.

I can’t even get the GPS time to show correctly now. It’s always at least exactly 1 hour in front and daylight savings puts it 2 hours in front.
Map itself looks fine but the speed sign recognition is really bad.
even though my car is equipped with camera to read signs, it will read the sign but after a few yards etc it will revert back to (- - -) until next sign again. National speed limit signs are not recognised at all anymore either.

car doesn’t seem to tell me now if there are delays on my route etc so something is off with the update but maybe only certain variants.

hopefully they will release a new update to correct this one.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is that UVO software as well? If so maybe it’s different to the software without UVO as it seems to be that which is playing up.

I can’t even get the GPS time to show correctly now. It’s always at least exactly 1 hour in front and daylight savings puts it 2 hours in front.
Map itself looks fine but the speed sign recognition is really bad.
even though my car is equipped with camera to read signs, it will read the sign but after a few yards etc it will revert back to (- - -) until next sign again. National speed limit signs are not recognised at all anymore either.

car doesn’t seem to tell me now if there are delays on my route etc so something is off with the update but maybe only certain variants.

hopefully they will release a new update to correct this one.
Yesterday evening I had no traffic data, but back this morning, so I guess they had a connected services problem yesterday...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts