Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just bought a 2017 1.7 crdi sportage 85k miles. Really nice, drives lovely apart from whenever I engage 4th theres a crunch/resistance. My feeling is that its the syndromesh on the gears. Dealer has told me to take it in for diagnosis in one of their approved garages for a warranty claim (I have a 3 month warranty with them) to be honest I bought it from carzam, an online dealer and can return car within 14 days if I so wish, so im in a good standing to get this sorted as it was present on first drive. I'm I'm wondering if this is something heard before and if it would perhaps be covered on kia warranty?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Kia will be looking for a full service history, Ideally within the Kia network before considering a warranty claim.

As you purchased outside the Kia franchise any warranty claim should be with the supplying dealer (Carzam).

With the fault you described I would be returning the vehicle under the 14 day clause, they are plenty of other sportage for sale. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know but I also part exchanged my old car and it'd be a massive faf to send it back. If they can get it sorted under warranty. Happy days. Plus I got a great deal on the price, changed my insurance etc.

·
Registered
2017 2.0 Diesel AWD KX3
490 Posts
Are they legitimate stamps? Are they from authorised Kia workshops? If not have you the paperwork to corroborate all the Kia warranty terms and conditions in respect of service intervals and the use of genuine Kia parts or equivalents.
If not you are going to struggle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just an update. the synchro on 4th is being replaced along with new clutch and flywheel. all being done under the warranty of the dealer, not with kia directly. cost is estimated at £1400

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.