Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I last updated the software and maps in my 2017 Niro 2 Hybrid. I have just had them updated again and find that the mapping controls and map presentation are completely different.

This is the new system display

Gone is the bold and clear coloured mapping – it is now a rather washed out pale map. A new feature is being able to chose from 3 map display options – but all are very pale.

Another disappointment is that a road near to home which once connected 2 roads, but alongside a small hospital was blanked off about 10 years ago when the hospital was extended. Google Maps show the layout correctly and 5 years ago I advised the map provider Here if the error but still no action has been taken to corrects it. Anyone using these maps to reach my road will find themselves in hospital grounds as has happened to friends with Nissan and Peugot cars.

I believe that the previous maps were provided by Here but this sudden change in layout and appearance is perhaps that KIA have changed to another map supplier. If so - who provides them now? I can discount Google Maps because they are correct – is it perhaps Tom Tom?

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
As far as I know it is still by "Here".
Is this a official dealer installed version or a unofficial internet version?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done by the KIA dealership when I had the 4th service and MOT yesterday.

It's the genuine update.

Reactions: iooi

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Is the home screen now purple based? As the latest update has a purple colour background.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I took the car for servicing, as normal, I Emailed Kia Customer Services asking for details of the current data for my March 2017 car - giving them the VIN number.

Late afternoon when I collected the car and before leaving the dealership I checked the system data - which corresponded with the KIA data. Hence my statement above that the data is up to date.

This is the current home screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts