Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Super Moderator
Just follow the instructions.
Make sure you have a new 32 gig SD card. Program formats it for you. Be prepared for a sit in the car while it updates.

Registered
Car running first.

Super Moderator
Thanks i will give it a go, looks like i need, MY19 software, do you put new SD card in then start the car, or have car running first.
You do not want to do anything that interrupts the power to the head unit.

So engine on. (y)

Reactions: Alanw47

Registered
The website says Hyundai Navigation Updater. Is it OK to use it on a KIA ?
Yes once downloaded you can change in the settings to Kia(y)

• Wow
Reactions: Kilgetty

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi tried to update my JA 2017 Picanto all i get when i click update is, INSERT THE MEMORY DEVICE THAT CONTAINS THE UPDATE FILE AND TRY AGAIN,
3 different SD cards so i don't think its that my software ver is JA.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002 when i type that in it tells me to use the, MY19 update, any one got it to work in there picanto thanks.

Registered
2018MY Picanto 3 - 1.25 Auto in Pop Orange
Hi tried to update my JA 2017 Picanto ... any one got it to work in there picanto thanks.
I get the same on my MY18 JA.
I think it's because when you type the SW version , it auto selects JA.EUR.SOP.013 and ignores JA.EUR.SOP.006 as it's not in the list. Presume the head unit then looks for a file on the USB related to JA.EUR.SOP.006 and can't find it.

I have no problem paying 拢45 for the update, I do have a problem losing the use of the car for a whole day for the dealer to update it.

Registered
hello guys. wooow i didnt know this online update existed.
i would like to ask a question and hope you can help me.
i own a kia picanto gt line (not the s model) pourchased february of 2020. there is no navigation in my 7 inch screen unless i connect my phone via cable. so no internal maps.
i obviously cant update any maps but i would liek to update software or firmware if available.
my software and firmware info are these.
software: JA.EUR.SOP.V085.190103.DAU_A
FIRMWARE: JA.EUR.265.181122.MICOM.DL

from the application, i choose picanto>My'19 (since there is no 2020 option) and when i start typing the letters "ja" the only available update is JA.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027
should i go on with this? will it be compatible?
since i dont have maps can it brick my system or there is no concern about this, and if update isnt compatible it simply wont install?
thank you very much

Registered
Hi all
Interesting discussion. Learn something every day.
I have a 2020 Picanto 3 and when I choose the car option I can only download the MY19 version.
The head unit looks like the MY22 or 21 version but the next link says that updates are not yet available.
Anyone had any luck updating the MY22/21 versions?

Registered
hello guys. wooow i didnt know this online update existed.
i would like to ask a question and hope you can help me.
i own a kia picanto gt line (not the s model) pourchased february of 2020. there is no navigation in my 7 inch screen unless i connect my phone via cable. so no internal maps.
i obviously cant update any maps but i would liek to update software or firmware if available.
my software and firmware info are these.
software: JA.EUR.SOP.V085.190103.DAU_A
FIRMWARE: JA.EUR.265.181122.MICOM.DL

from the application, i choose picanto>My'19 (since there is no 2020 option) and when i start typing the letters "ja" the only available update is JA.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027
should i go on with this? will it be compatible?
since i dont have maps can it brick my system or there is no concern about this, and if update isnt compatible it simply wont install?
thank you very much
In short. Yes

Registered
Hi all
Interesting discussion. Learn something every day.
I have a 2020 Picanto 3 and when I choose the car option I can only download the MY19 version.
The head unit looks like the MY22 or 21 version but the next link says that updates are not yet available.
Anyone had any luck updating the MY22/21 versions?
The gen5w update was pulled last week due to some potential issues on less recent units. It should be back available from Monday next week

Registered
Is the car not the model brought out in late 2019? Meaning it is actually a MY19 car. Kia (unlike some other manufacturers) call the Model Year as the one when the car is brought out rather than the following year For example, my Sportage bought in May 2018 is actually a MY17 car (which was the latest available MY at that time) until the MY18 cars appeared about 2 months later.
You can check by comparing the first five or six characters of the software version currently in your car against those listed here : KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications

Registered
Is the car not the model brought out in late 2019? Meaning it is actually a MY19 car. Kia (unlike some other manufacturers) call the Model Year as the one when the car is brought out rather than the following year For example, my Sportage bought in May 2018 is actually a MY17 car (which was the latest available MY at that time) until the MY18 cars appeared about 2 months later.
The model year of your uk car might not match the European model year.

Registered
My car is the GT Line S, MY2019 with the Compact Gen5 system, and I downloaded the update onto a usb stick, but the car thinks it's an mp3 device and just repeats the 'insert memory device' message when I try to perform the update. Should I be using an sd card and if so does anyone know where it is please?

FOUND IT! Cunningly located in front of the screen.... So, presumably I now need to buy another card rather than risk updating the one that came with the car as the satnav won't work without it!

Registered
My car is the GT Line S, MY2019 with the Compact Gen5 system, and I downloaded the update onto a usb stick, but the car thinks it's an mp3 device and just repeats the 'insert memory device' message when I try to perform the update. Should I be using an sd card and if so does anyone know where it is please?
I had a similar issue, and I a) tried a different USB stick b) made sure that the USB stick was formatted in ExFat. One or both of things fixed the problem for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts