Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ive recently changed my 2013 SW to 2017 SW and need to get a towbar fitted to pull my hobby trailer. 2013 model had a fixed bar with no issues from parking sensors so I was going to get kia to fit a fixed bar in case of future warranty issues. However, Kia tell me they no longer supply towbars for this model and that i will have to go to a towbar fitting centre. I have contacted a few and they all tell me the same, that they strongly recommend a removable bar in case of sensor issues. They will fit a swan neck but say if the sensors trigger then there's nothing they can do.

I've currently got it booked in for a removable bar with dedicated electrics for £700, however the fixed is £200 cheaper. I was wondering what people thought, as i said my fixed was fine on 2013 but the 2017 is a 4 spec with rear camera etc. so dont know if they are the same.

I'm tempted to ring and change fitting to fixed.

Thanks

Clive

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Been towing caravans for 48 years now and have had several towcars with reversing sensors. Have always fitted my own towbar and fixed towball with never a problem. Prefer fixed as gives a bit of protection from others bad parking

Reactions: Trumpetier

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
I have a removable tow bar. When the ball is attached the reversing sensors don't notice it, in fact the combination of the reversing sensors and the camera make solo hitching a doddle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks for the replies, I have changed the order to a fixed swan neck. I mocked up a tow bar with tome waste pipe and cricket ball on top and that didn't trigger the sensors so I have no doubt it will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.