Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, As my Sportage is approaching 4 years old and most my journeys are low mileage, I feel i should give the battery a periodic top up charge to preserve battery life. What battery charger does KIA UK recommend if no recommendations what specification charger should I be looking for? My dealer seams reluctant to advise but have offered to charge over night FOC,but this means a 45 mile round trip.Many thanks for any advise. Roy

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
Not sure if you will get a kia recommendation.

Where is the car kept? Garage or drive/road.
Maybe take it out for a good drive on a nice day, so minimal electrical running.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ctek chargers are very good for agm batterys, as well as charging they condition the battery. as the car is 4 years old the battery is probally near the end of its life you might consider a new battery instead of buying a charger.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the Ctek probably one of the best in the range for my ISG venga..but I intend using a memory saver when charging mine using one of these..

hook it up and disconnect the car battery under the bonnet.
and then charge that..

·
Registered
125 Posts
As iooi posted - just take the car for a bit of a run every month or so - especially if it is 45 miles to your nearest dealer,you might as well take the car for a reasonable run to top up the battery and clear out the engine and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Roy

Thanks for the post.

We're unable to recommend a particular model or spec of maintenance charger. We'd recommend getting advice from independent retailers to ensure compatibility.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit https://www.kia.com/uk/
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed
Hello Customer Kia Customer Service
What brand of of Battery Charger do you stipulate your Dealer network uses? I will contact your supplier for guidance of which charger to purchase/use.

Many Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hello Customer Kia Customer Service
What brand of of Battery Charger do you stipulate your Dealer network uses? I will contact your supplier for guidance of which charger to purchase/use.

Many Thanks

Roy

We don't stipulate a particular brand with our network, dealers just buy in as appropriate and is their decision as independent businesses. They should be able to advise what brand they use.

KCS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts