Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellas. 2 weeks ago I got a 2016 kia rio 1.1crdi. Very nice car and I have been a fan of kia since I owned a new forte in the USA. With this one I had some issues starting 2 days after I got it, half of the steering wheel controls, including trip and cruise control were only working sometimes. Thought it was a connector issue into the steering wheel, but when I changed the diesel filter and disconnected the battery noticed it was working from the start, and it does that everything I disconect the power. Today I was in the boot, getting something out when I noticed the light went off. Then when I started the car, the boot indicator remained on(open) the interior lights don't work, the keyless entry doesn't work and even though it appears open, the boot it closed and can't be opened unless the engine is running. The central lock doesn't work at all again, unless the engine is running and the the interior button for it keeps showing intermittently light, as well as the tpms system it's showing that it has a fail. Now, are all these connected? What the common ground for them? I xleaned all the actual grounds, disconnected the battery, checked the latch and lock in the trunk and yet is the same thing.
Has anyone ever faced such weirdness? Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there fellas. 2 weeks ago I got a 2016 kia rio 1.1crdi. Very nice car and I have been a fan of kia since I owned a new forte in the USA. With this one I had some issues starting 2 days after I got it, half of the steering wheel controls, including trip and cruise control were only working sometimes. Thought it was a connector issue into the steering wheel, but when I changed the diesel filter and disconnected the battery noticed it was working from the start, and it does that everything I disconect the power. Today I was in the boot, getting something out when I noticed the light went off. Then when I started the car, the boot indicator remained on(open) the interior lights don't work, the keyless entry doesn't work and even though it appears open, the boot it closed and can't be opened unless the engine is running. The central lock doesn't work at all again, unless the engine is running and the the interior button for it keeps showing intermittently light, as well as the tpms system it's showing that it has a fail. Now, are all these connected? What the common ground for them? I xleaned all the actual grounds, disconnected the battery, checked the latch and lock in the trunk and yet is the same thing.
Has anyone ever faced such weirdness? Thank you!
Hej Alex, jeg har lige købt en brugt Rio fra 11/16. Det lyder for mig, som om du har problemer med wiring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeg har en 1.1 diesel fra november 2016. 41000 km
men alt andet fungerer godt? måske forventer du, at det dukker op, når du trykker længe på fjernbetjeningsknappen? det gør det ikke. det låser det bare op, men du skal stadig åbne det med hånden. min er den samme, men har 160k

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeg har en 1.1 diesel fra november 2016. 41000 km
men alt andet fungerer godt? måske forventer du, at det dukker op, når du trykker længe på fjernbetjeningsknappen? det gør det ikke. det låser det bare op, men du skal stadig åbne det med hånden. min er den samme, men har 160k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts