Kia Owners Club Forum banner

2016 Cee'd 1.6 CRDI - Advice

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  skyking_comms 
#1 ·
Hi - new to the forum. Been a long time Ford Focus diesel driver but was recommended by my mechanic to purchase a Cee'd for reliability (especially with Kia the warranty).

Just picked up a 66 registration 1.6 CRDI 3 spec Sportswagon. It's done 43,000 miles and has 2 Kia service stamps.

Wondering if there's anything I need to check on the car? Any easy mod's that people recommend? Really pleased with the car so far and hope to keep it for 4 years.

#2 ·
I have the same year same engine but the gt line (normal one not the sportswagon) I've had mine a couple of years now and have put 50,000 miles on it since I got it and it's been great. DRL failures seem popular but think the 2016 model isn't affected and if it is it seems to be known warranty job so shouldn't be an issue. Not exactly easy on fuel compared to some other diesels but hey ho it'll still do 50mpg+ if you have diamond cut alloys there'll no doubt be corrosion problems as I'm finding. Some get them sorted under warranty some don't seems a bit of a lottery but that affects all manufacturers not just kia. All in I'm very pleased with mine thus far and hope that the South Korean reliability (I know it's probably built I. slovakia) will give me many more years high mileage problem free! Hope you enjoy yours as much

#3 ·
I had the "3" hatchback, same engine and year as yours which I bought new. The car ran faultlessly for 65000 miles when I traded it in for a Proceed a couple of days ago. The only things I had to replace were tyres, wiper blades and the front brake pads. The front drivers seat developed a small split which was repaired under warranty. I just hope the Proceed is just as good.

#4 ·
Thanks both for the replies - they are really encouraging as I really wasn't sure whether I should have gone for another Focus or the Kia. Hopefully I will only have to replace wear and tear items and any major issues will be fixed under warranty.

Can't comment on MPG as I haven't driven it much yet. I did read on this page that there were changes in Sept 2016 (Mines an Oct 2016) - not sure if MPG also improved www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/kia/ceed-2012/history

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.