Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have Just Bought a Picanto 2 2015 31.700 on the clock .Question I filled the Tank to the Top Gauge showing Full (but was slow climbing to the full Mark ) when you look at the Fuel Range to Next fill up Is Shows 220 miles I would have thought it would show more than that Or am I wrong ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Peter
The slow climbing fuel gauge possibly just means that the gauge is well 'damped' so it does not fluctuate whilst driving.
The range to go might depend on the most recent avg mpg figures - which if it has done mostly short journeys lately - the avg mpg figure might be quite bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that had the car for 2 weeks and yes it has been doing short trips hope to take it on 200 + trip one lock down is over and you think that will.make a difference ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
It probably will Peter.
In previous cars I have driven the Fuel range to go depended on fuel level and the current or very recent fuel consumption for the computer calculation of estimated range,but it is only an estimate and will change during the drive depending on driving conditions.
A couple of years ago we drove down to Gatwick from Scotland in my old Fabia diesel and I had planned to do it in one hit down to a filling station on the A24 so as to fill up the car before parking and flying out on holiday.All the way down the fuel range was saying no problem until we hit some hold ups on the M25 - then the range got a little tighter LOL - we then hit some more road works on the A24 and the range was down to 10 miles when we pulled into the Filling Station,normally we would have had at least 50 miles remaining after that sort of distance.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes absolutely - that would be nice :)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Kia range to empty is based on your historic MPG. Unlike some cars that base it on your current MPG and fuel in tank.

Used to have a couple of Peugeot 's that I could drive from our house to Sheffield & have more miles left in the tank than when I started, despite doing over 50 miles...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have Just Bought a Picanto 2 2015 31.700 on the clock .Question I filled the Tank to the Top Gauge showing Full (but was slow climbing to the full Mark ) when you look at the Fuel Range to Next fill up Is Shows 220 miles I would have thought it would show more than that Or am I wrong ?
how much is it too fule

1 - 8 of 8 Posts