Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
welcome any advice, I went to top up with petrol this afternoon, was showing around 5/ 8 tank
did usual put fuel nozzle in, pulled trigger ran a little, cut out, tried a softer approach, thought it might be a fierce pump, continually cutting out and fuel bubbling back out of filler hole
i went to another petrol station, exactly the same, had no chance of completely filling up, for all the spitting back
i put 11.9 litres of fuel in, has gone from 5/8 on petrol gauge to a tad over 3/4.
They gave me an extra 2 years warranty when I bought the car, I thought very good, this runs out in July
Just rang dealership, to book in, they are asking for £118 inspection fee, which I will have to pay if they deem not covered by warranty
Any advice would be gladly appreciated

·
Registered
292 Posts
So you've added only an ⅛ on the gauge but 12 litres is more like a ⅓ of a physical tank isn't it? The gauge doesn't respond brilliantly to small top ups, particularly when there is already plenty in it (I have the same car)

Run it down to the red on the gauge and fill the tank from almost empty to full, I bet its fine. I think your tank is pretty much full now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you've added only an ⅛ on the gauge but 12 litres is more like a ⅓ of a physical tank isn't it? The gauge doesn't respond brilliantly to small top ups, particularly when there is already plenty in it (I have the same car)

Run it down to the red on the gauge and fill the tank from almost empty to full, I bet its fine. I think your tank is pretty much full now.
Many thanks for your reply
i must admit I am very tempted to cancel appointment with dealer and in future let tank run down more
what do you think ?

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Could be vent hose is blocked.

But inspection fee is the norm. If you took your car in out of warranty, would you expect them to look for free?

At least they are honest & upfront. Rather than taking it, looking, then saying this is the issue not covered by warranty & that is £££ to find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts