Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
need advice from anyone who has fitted, hard wired a dashcam in Picanto, and best one etc, not looking to pay a fortune, looking for value for money.
will do myself, any tips useful, I want to wire directly into fuse box and want so when ignition is turned off, the dashcam is, so doesn’t drain the battery
Any pointers would be really appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
I would advise to search the forum as there are a lot of posts on this subject. Fitting is pretty much the same on all Kia's

A lot depends on your level of skill on the electrics for hard wiring as you do need a multimeter. Also get some trim removal tools (cheap from Amazon) as it makes it a lot easier to get trim off without breaking clips.

For starters try this thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would advise to search the forum as there are a lot of posts on this subject. Fitting is pretty much the same on all Kia's

A lot depends on your level of skill on the electrics for hard wiring as you do need a multimeter. Also get some trim removal tools (cheap from Amazon) as it makes it a lot easier to get trim off without breaking clips.

For starters try this thread.

Many thanks for your reply
Yes I am very conversant using multimeter and do have all the trim tools, just want to make the right choice when I purchase

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
I installed this into my Niro Aukey Dual dash cam £109 from Amazon, as I wanted front & rear cams. Took less than 2 hours.

Prior to this we had/have Transcend 16GB £119 from Amazon Drive pro 200 in Stonic & still in Picanto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts