Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I have just bought a 2014 sportage,(in the last month) I was very confused and disappointed as to why it did not come out the factory with full closure windows and folding mirrors (instead of a button on drivers door) on the remote seems crazy it should be standard but instead they decided to give that option to the yanks for some strange reason with the Sportage R , what I want to know is the best modules to get and also where from if anyone has any links for the window closure module and the folding mirror module with instructions for both please, also why I am here I also like the idea of bonnet struts so if anyone has a link to where I can buy a set that would be great many thanks, also changing the stupid, crap , moped sounding horn with a twin pair that sound a hell of a lot better, thanks for taking the time to read my first post

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi I have just bought a 2014 sportage,(in the last month) I was very confused and disappointed as to why it did not come out the factory with full closure windows and folding mirrors (instead of a button on drivers door) on the remote seems crazy it should be standard but instead they decided to give that option to the yanks for some strange reason with the Sportage R , what I want to know is the best modules to get and also where from if anyone has any links for the window closure module and the folding mirror module with instructions for both please, also why I am here I also like the idea of bonnet struts so if anyone has a link to where I can buy a set that would be great many thanks, also changing the stupid, crap , moped sounding horn with a twin pair that sound a hell of a lot better, thanks for taking the time to read my first post
Well chuffed , replaced crapy Horn with twin tones sounds a lot better , also fitted folding mirror module works great still works off the button on the door but now works on Lock/unlock on remote :):)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just unpacked the front one and the paint line between the silver and black is not that great to be honest , black bleeds into the silver at each curve on the ends ,poor masking up , but if your that worried I am sure it wouldn't take that much to re-mask and repaint, but I guess you get what you pay for , fitting tomorrow then I will see what the back one is like, once fitted if it bugs me too much I can soon take them off and re-paint, hope the info I am giving is ok for anyone else that is thinking of buying them.

Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
Just a point sometimes not thought about. The folding mirrors are weak and susceptible to terminal damage if they are forced to open or close when frozen, and cost a fortune to have replaced. I would rather have the choice on this. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi, ok thanks for pointing that out , I will have to see if I can fit an override switch for winter time to turn off remote function , so basically I need to see if I can fit the mirror switch from a 2016 which has the turn off function

Registered
Just a point sometimes not thought about. The folding mirrors are weak and susceptible to terminal damage if they are forced to open or close when frozen, and cost a fortune to have replaced. I would rather have the choice on this. (y)
Hi, just wondering if this is a comon issue and why it would be different to fold the mirrors out with the door switch than with the auto-remote function provided by this module ?

Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
Hi, just wondering if this is a comon issue and why it would be different to fold the mirrors out with the door switch than with the auto-remote function provided by this module ?
With the door switches, if you know it's going to be a hard freeze and think the mirrors will be frozen solid when you next need the car, you can choose to leave the mirrors out so they don't risk breaking the gearing as they won't be moving before you drive off. With auto fold they will try to unfold with the ignition and risk breaking if they are frozen solid. I don't think it's that common an issue but I've read of a few breakages. Although referring to the remote mirror adjustment mechanism and not the auto fold function Kia do say;
'If the mirror is jammed with ice, do not adjust the mirror by force. Use an approved spray de-icer (not radiator antifreeze) to release the frozen mechanism or move the vehicle to a warm place and allow the ice to melt.' This from the 2017+ Picanto handbook.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi , I think what he is getting at if and a big IF they become frozen when using the remote you can not open the door without the mirrors unfolding , with the button if you have not used it then the mirrors are open and if you have used the button then if the mirrors are closed you can leave them closed until defrosted I think that is what he is getting at , But the amount of cars that have been sold where they don't have a button to fold/unfold and only rely on the remote why have these not had the issue of frozen broken mirrors ???????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts