Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im new to the site....im after some advice, i have a 2014 sportage 1.7 diesel, 45k genuine miles. Had it around 8 months, no problems until this morning on way to work.....when the car is under load, i.e , going uphill, accelerating etc, the engine just cuts out, and stops, i can start it again straight away, and it ticks over, albeit, a little rough but not bad, then, as soon as i increase the revs to drive, it cuts out again, and again, again and so on. If im not moving, the car will rev fine, it just under load that it plays up. There is no smoke at all, no smells, all fluid levels are correct, im thinking egr valve? Fuel filter?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
My son's Navarra had exactly that and it was the EGR. Not clogged or jammed, it fell to bits when they removed it!

That said you could be having fuel starvation and a new fuel filter is an easy diy job.

There might be stored codes - not all codes put the EML light on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My son's Navarra had exactly that and it was the EGR. Not clogged or jammed, it fell to bits when they removed it!

That said you could be having fuel starvation and a new fuel filter is an easy diy job.

There might be stored codes - not all codes put the EML light on.
EML is on yeah, my problem is, due to lockdown, and the fact i only have one car, getting bits is an issue, so my try egr valve first , thanks alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts