Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have a 2014 soul petrol 1.6gdi connect plus. The black paintwork is not very good and on rear wheel arches its already starting to bubble and corrode through. I really like the chrome lip on front lower bumper & rear bumper along with the colour coded wheel arch flares and side sills that are on the mixx and maxx. Now im sure many of you agree that these early model mk2s are somewhat lacking in the trim styling department especially on the lower sills, hence my want to add something.
Has anyone had any joy with aftermarket flared arch kits, or getting the mixx/ maxx styling pack or anything to that respect? I know Kia are reluctant to supply parts as in their eyes the car is still under 7yr warrantee and they dont want the issues of people tinkering and voiding stuff under warrantee. I would probably rather just save some cash and trade up to a 2016 1.6Tgdi but for now im stuck with poor man options, if any. Let me know guys and gals, have you modded or managed to find or order any of these parts? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
3,262 Posts
Welcome swell - but questions like this need to be in your model forum so I'm moving this thread there for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTOldie, could you please move this post to the mk2 section please, 2014-2019, Thank You

·
Registered
13 Posts
No info on styling mods but was concerned to hear you've bubbling paintwork on your rear wheel arches.
We've a late 2014 Soul, so just out of the 5 year paintwork warranty and no signs of rust anywhere, so will keep an eye out.
Anyone else has issues with paint/rust on this model Soul?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, bubbling on indicator too. registered nov 2014. ive never had paintwork that scratchs so easily, id ceramic coat it but i dont have a garage for it to cure for two weeks. ive had my local paint shop touch it up for me now so im gonna clay and polish it up. all the boot polish wore off the first time i washed it after buying from a dealership leaving me feeling pretty duped!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts