Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Venga 3 crdi ecodynamics
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This evening when left work and drove home. I stopped and put the car into reverse and there was 3-4 beeps together from the reversing sensors, but nothing else, as in, when I came towards my wife’s car, the sensors were silent. The reversing lights still work. Last year I had a tow bar fitted and neither the sensors or the lights worked, and it turned out to be a fuse. Anyone have any ideas? Many Thanks James

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Have you checked the fuse again Jimbo.. might be as simple as that..fingers crossed it is.. 🤞

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll have to wait until I’m off on Wednesday, would it show up on a fault code reader?

·
Registered
393 Posts
If it isn't a fuse, more than one beep when entering reverse gear normally means a sensor is having an issue. Its in the handbook ( section 4-59).
On mine it still beeped when approaching an obstacle but I needed to be a bit closer to the object. I tested mine by turning ignition on (obviously not engine running) and sticking it in reverse and then wafting a bit of cardboard in front of each sensor standing at the side of the car so I didn't trigger them. Mine had one sensor fail( driver side inboard)
I managed to get a colour coded sensor of Ebay for about £30 and fitted it myself.
It is as simple as lower bumper off (the bit with the fog lights in it) and replace but the clips are a pain to remove and the bumper itself isn't easily dropped down. It took 2.5 hours and a lot of crawling around and cursing. At least it wasn't raining that day 🌞

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it isn't a fuse, more than one beep when entering reverse gear normally means a sensor is having an issue. Its in the handbook ( section 4-59).
On mine it still beeped when approaching an obstacle but I needed to be a bit closer to the object. I tested mine by turning ignition on (obviously not engine running) and sticking it in reverse and then wafting a bit of cardboard in front of each sensor standing at the side of the car so I didn't trigger them. Mine had one sensor fail( driver side inboard)
I managed to get a colour coded sensor of Ebay for about £30 and fitted it myself.
It is as simple as lower bumper off (the bit with the fog lights in it) and replace but the clips are a pain to remove and the bumper itself isn't easily dropped down. It took 2.5 hours and a lot of crawling around and cursing. At least it wasn't raining that day 🌞
Thank you, I’m going to go and try that now! At least in the dark the neighbours won’t see too much! Lol🤪

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there was nothing from any of the sensors, I’ll check the fuse next . Thanks everone👍

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
there was nothing from any of the sensors, I’ll check the fuse next . Thanks everone👍
Well I think it may have narrowed the options at least .. can you remember what fuse it was and in what fuse box.. cabin box or under bonnet one.. would be a useful snippet of info to put up here for future reference..

·
Registered
393 Posts
The workshop manual says the rear parking assist is fuse IG1 (10A) which is shown as 3 across and 2 up from bottom right of interior fuse panel.
The fuse use legend should be on the back of the driver side kick panel which covers the fuses so best to check that.
Of course, if the folks who fitted the tow bar have done some "special" wiring, then all bets are off....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I think it may have narrowed the options at least .. can you remember what fuse it was and in what fuse box.. cabin box or under bonnet one.. would be a useful snippet of info to put up here for future reference..
The last time it was sorted by my local dealer, never said which fuse box it was in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The workshop manual says the rear parking assist is fuse IG1 (10A) which is shown as 3 across and 2 up from bottom right of interior fuse panel.
The fuse use legend should be on the back of the driver side kick panel which covers the fuses so best to check that.
Of course, if the folks who fitted the tow bar have done some "special" wiring, then all bets are off....
Thank you 2012Venga man, I will have a look at the fuse box on Wednesday when I’m off work. I agree about the tow bar fitters. I will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I dont suppose it might be as simple as parking assist dash button turned off..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts