Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,I'm after a bit of help/ guidance, I purchased a 2013 Proceed 1.6 CRDI SE last Saturday with 33000 on the clock from a Honda dealer in Bath. Over the weekend I noticed that the clutch grinds/moans intermittently when pulling away in first gear, sometimes second. Doesn't happen every time I pull away, but most of the times when stop/start has been engaged.

Went to my local Kia yesterday in Stevenage and they said the clutch isn't covered under warranty, it's booked in to be looked at on Tuesday. Now where do I stand with this, if its an issue and needs fixing do I contact Honda in Bath who sold me the car, as it should be under their warranty or see what Kia say?

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The Honda garage are
responsible and must be given the chance to repair. Your
contract to purchase was with them and no-one else. It was obviously
faulty when bought it. If KIA do any work on the car you have no chance
of recompense from the Honda garage unless they offer to pay for it
in advance.You can reject the car and ask for your money back,
take advice from the citizens advice people or a solicitor if you are
not sure about the consumer law. Google "Faulty goods,
consumer law"

Kia are correct that a clutch is not
normally a warranty claim unless there was a design or assembly fault
if you were the owner for the past mileage, but the Honda garage have
sold you faulty goods, an entirely different matter under law.

Edited by: Lancelot1937

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I'm currently awaiting a call back from Honda, the chap on the phone sounded a bit baffled by it. I'll update when I have a response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just spoke to Honda, they want me to go ahead with Kia looking at it and then Kia to send the results back to them. Their view is that it should be a Kia job as it is a known issue and should still be covered under their warranty even though it isn't. So at the moment I'm kind of caught between the two garages both saying it's the other ones issue.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
It was probably a mistake to involve Kia before going to Honda. They might just bounce this between them and both refuse to pay for it for as long as they can. With 33,000 miles on the clock, Kia will almost certainly claim "fair wear and tear"Edited by: grumpycrdi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts