Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2013 Kia Rio that’s been acting up. It started out with a bad Computer which I replaced. But recently I drove through so rain and now. The check light comes on.
then theAC stops cooling, power steering get hard, instruments not working, and I have to manually change the gears.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The accessories drive belt, formerly known as the fan belt, may have been affected by the water.

The ac compressor is driven by the belt, perhaps the steering pump too, and when the belt is playing up, the alternator probably won't charge enough, some coloured lights on the dash should appear.
Is the warning light a battery symbol?

Any strange noises?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The accessories drive belt, formerly known as the fan belt, may have been affected by the water.

The ac compressor is driven by the belt, perhaps the steering pump too, and when the belt is playing up, the alternator probably won't charge enough, some coloured lights on the dash should appear.
Is the warning light a battery symbol?

Any strange noises?
There are no funny noise. The only light is the steering with “!” Beside it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You may need to visit a kio dealer so they can read the fault code. Probably caused by a sensor in the steering system or the PAS motor.

Did you drive through flood waters, or just while raining?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may need to visit a kio dealer so they can read the fault code. Probably caused by a sensor in the steering system or the PAS motor.

Did you drive through flood waters, or just while raining?
I took it to the dealer a garage and the code is the EPS but when they test the EPS it was working fine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This could easily be a can bus communication error between modules eg due to a corroded connector somewhere.

Best bet is to get an obd tester with can bus module capability software. See my reply to another recent post about my obd setup using car scanner Pro software on Android.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.