Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
5 series esque lights , aston bonnet and grill, wheels off a micra (my first car so no knocking them!)
Problem is i dont like it....is all front and no side...cover the bonnet/bumper with your hand and it could be any other car. All the angle changes and surfaces ripple overone anotherthen..BOOM...plain sides. look how pronoused the front arch is....Does it even have a rear arch? Doesn't even have the curvy "undercut"like the pro. although looking at the rear pillars it maybe doggedwith the pro's lack of rear visability.Just looks like it was nice but it bumped a tree and squashed its nose up. I think you can clearly see all theOptima's featurescrammed in the front of this car.

No disrespect to anyone who's brought one or will be......guaranteed it will be beautiful inside, better equiped and better built that that the Ceeds of last. I think its just gona have to grow on me for a while. Either that or i'm sooking for sporty quallities and not realising this isnt a sports car

Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
245 Posts
Awww, visually that's rather disappointing! I don't like that front grille - it has an ugly snout from the angle of that photo! It reminds me a bit of the ugly snouts on some of the Mitsubishi's.

If the new Kia Ceed looks that ugly, just imagine how ugly the equivalent new Hyundai i30 is gonna be!!!!

Maybe it'll be a grower (or there will be a 'nose job' option available
)

No denying it should be a car full of promise when it arrives.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have to agree with you both. At first I looked and thought - that's nice - then after reading your comments revisited the picture and not as keen.
Still a great looking car, just too big a grille for me.
A 2 door variant would be interesting to see.

Definitely a grower as I didn't like the Ceed prior to getting the Pro but I've seen quite a few I'd like recently.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks a bit like the latest Astra but with an Aston Martin front end. I actually quite like it! Just hope it is sporty to drive and they put a decent turbo petrol in it!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Or better still a petrol hybrid.
Looks OK to me. Then Im more easily satisfied these days, as Im more concerned about reliability and running costs than look.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It looks angry, as if it's going to go round the housesand beat up all the people who havemocked Kia in the past,I'm waiting fora Phil Mitchell special edition.

Lets hope they put a decent lump in it and not some 1.1 ecotardywheezebucket nonsense.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I like it and like I said on face book it needs Kia's 2.0 petrol turbo engine like they have in the Optmia and Sportage in North America etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like it even more now. Shame the 200bhp pro_ceed will never exist. Or if it does we won;t see it before the next generation Cee'd..its all about emissions now. Kia seem to be quite happy at aiming at the middle aged market with the Cee'd. I'm 25 and would have never considered a Cee'd until I was found needing something cheapish to replace my broken Volvo S60 2.0T. I drove it and it was ok. I didn't want a standard focus or something. I like something different. The only fault I have with the Cee'd is the lack of a sporty engine. Even in pro_cee'd guise there is no performance..whats the point?

Come on Kia, lets have a SRI (VXR?) rivalling Cee'd this time in both 3 & 5 door! Check Ford and Renault out, they have both said they will not be producing 3 door Focus' or 3 door Clios in the next generations. Kia, step up and give us what we want!! Thanks :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts