Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home a brand new 2012 Kia Picanto (full options).

While everything seems to be working fine. I am having trouble with the Bluetooth system.

Except my iPhone 4, no other mobile device can detect Picanto's bluetooth.

When i pair my iPhone 4 with the car, it connects and pairs fine. However, when i accept a call, I cannot hear the caller, although they can hear me. Same while making a call.

Also, to access the 'setup' i have to turn on the radio. WTF?

Any help regarding this would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not a picanto but on my parents C'eed I managed to pair an old nokia without a problem although I had to tell the phone it was amic/speaker I was pairing it to and not just a bluetooth device.

Check the phone settings also make sure any earphones etc are unplugged including the aux from the phone.

Also check the volume control

Glad the picanto works with an iphone I was going to have to wait 2 weeks before I found that out as never got chance to try it on the test drive

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no, the iPhone DOES NOT work with the Picanto. In fact, no phone does.

It pairs with the iPhone just fine but I cannot make or receive calls with it. It just doesn't work. The iPhone presents no settings, except to shut off Phonebook syn - which i tried to no avail.

This actually quite sucks and i wonder if its a prob with my car. I will take it to service center on my first service and won't take the car until they fix the damn problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Assuming the bluetooth is the same on the c'eed and picanto I would say its your car if not that really sucks as the sales man told me "Yes it works with any phone"

Iwould pop it back it could even be a user error and one of the mechanicscan walk you through it.

How soon is the first service? I thourght it was 12 months

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt it's an error on my part, esp when i am following the manual to the T.

All you have to do is pair and connect. That's how BT works on any device. And except the iPhone, no other device can find the Picanto.

I hope it's a broken unit and can get it replaced. BT integration was one of features I was most looking forward to.

My first falls after 1000KMs. Looks like i have to hurry through that. :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
mufaa said:
I doubt it's an error on my part, esp when i am following the manual to the T.

All you have to do is pair and connect. That's how BT works on any device. And except the iPhone, no other device can find the Picanto.

I hope it's a broken unit and can get it replaced. BT integration was one of features I was most looking forward to.

My first falls after 1000KMs. Looks like i have to hurry through that. :p

Where you based? if you local to chester would take a look for you.

Seems odd the iphone can find it. I got the nokia working with no manual so would agree error on your part is unlikely if your following it....udate for the phones prehaps?

I know its NZ but is your phone listed? http://www.kia.co.nz/static/vehicles/kia-bluetooth.pdf

I will have a dig and see if I can find a UK list.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am based out of the Middle East (Dubai).

I am pretty sure iPhone 4 is supported by every device since it's so popular. Picanto is behaving iffy. Sometimes the Bluetooth icon from does not go away even after I have turned it off.

It's weird.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I phones are not a great lover of Bluetooth devices I found only a few headinits work Sony and alpine , the ones in the new picantos don't seem to like I phones very much at all. :( I had Bluetooth radio in mine and excepted i phone and could here people and they couldn't hear me aswell it must be a design fault on the headunit . On the headunit . But my gf used her nokia and seemed to work a bit better people could hear us but very faintly

If I still had the car I would look more closely. Being a car audio whizz kid but unfortunately I can't :(

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have paired my wife's i Phone 3 to the new Picanto and my own HTC Wildfire with no issues, I have just tried testing the wife's i Phone in the car to make a call to my HTC in the house and it worked fine with no loss of sound at either end.The i Phone 4 may be a different story though as it's a bit more advanced compared to the i Phone 3.
If it's paired and you can make and receive calls all I can think of is the speaker above the drivers visor impaired by a piece of film, or were you using it in a noisy environment?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dilus said:
I have paired my wife's i Phone 3 to the new Picanto and my own HTC Wildfire with no issues, I have just tried testing the wife's i Phone in the car to make a call to my HTC in the house and it worked fine with no loss of sound at either end.The i Phone 4 may be a different story though as it's a bit more advanced compared to the i Phone 3.
If it's paired and you can make and receive calls all I can think of is the speaker above the drivers visor impaired by a piece of film, or were you using it in a noisy environment?

Oh, wow! Well, that's a relief since, clearly I have received a defective unit. Hence, fixable!

The trouble with mine is that it does not work at all. Like, nothing. NONE of my other phones, including Nokia N8 and HTC Desire HD, cannot even FIND the Picanto's Bluetooth. The iPhone 4 somehow does, but it does not work. It connects fine, but I cannot make or receive calls with it.

If a call comes, the iPhone 4 just vibrates, the car does not give any indication of an incoming call. If I click the answer button the steering wheel, the display shows "Redial" without any other options to choose from.

Btw, does the FM/CD have to be turned on to use Bluetooth? Because my car does not even let me access the settings menu unless some form media is turned on.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It certainly sounds like you have a defective unit mufaa, I'm no IT geek but even I managed after a short spell of head scratching to get things working as they should. And it is a great system when it does what it says on the tin.As far as I am aware the stereo does have to be turned on and in use in some form for the phone settings and bluetooth to work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am hoping it's a defective unit as well. And I hope they damn well fix it. I cannot wait till my first service.

I am very disappointed at the car's build. The left mirror rattles when pulled down or up. At times, the floor would vibrate/wobble. And the road noise? My god, it's just terrible. Maybe it's the low profile tires of the full options; I never noticed it on my test drives with the car.

I am really unhappy with my purchase. Nothing seems to be right. The road noise destroys any pleasure of driving it. And the car handling is very avg (I hate the steering's firmness).

·
Registered
911 Posts
mufaa said:
I am hoping it's a defective unit as well. And I hope they damn well fix it. I cannot wait till my first service.

I am very disappointed at the car's build. The left mirror rattles when pulled down or up. At times, the floor would vibrate/wobble. And the road noise? My god, it's just terrible. Maybe it's the low profile tires of the full options; I never noticed it on my test drives with the car.

I am really unhappy with my purchase. Nothing seems to be right. The road noise destroys any pleasure of driving it. And the car handling is very avg (I hate the steering's firmness).

Steering's firmness!!! most people are not happy with it's lightness. Sounds like a complete disaster this one
I would be demanding a replacement, minus the Yugo badges

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does. I am not enjoying the car at all. Plus, now i believe the wheelalignmentmaybe off. The car goes haywire on the highway. I have to adjust the steering every second alas it steers off to the left or right. That coupled with the hard as hell steering firmness, it's down right unpleasant. My right shoulder starts paining because of it.

It's just terrible.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's electronic power steering, not sure how it would behave if a fuse had blown or the motor wasn't working properly, my guess would be the symptoms you're experiencing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm. I am not sure if its a defect or it is how it is. While below 30kmph, the steering is light and smooth, to aid inmaneuversand parking. But when the speed climbs up, the steering becomes quite stiff. Too stiff perhaps. I MUST have two hands on the steering to control the car properly, it's uncontrollable with hand - a problem I did not face with my old Peg 307 (regardless of how poor the brand name is...Peg was amazing ride).

I can't till first service.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The electric assist steering on most cars is speed sensitive. At low speeds it will be light to aid parking and manouvering about town but as the speed increases the steering will become heavier so that the car will be more stable at speed. I wouldn't think it would be that heavy that you would need two hands to control it at speed. There maybe a fault and its worth a trip to the dealers to so they can check it out for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i would take it back NOW and get them to test drive it with you, and also test drive theirs to compare! i imagine we have rights and the sooner you complain the stronger they are ?

plus others on the forum have all liked theirs, so may point to yours having problems

good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Iseriously think the problem is you mufaaI mean seriously come on lol .... you started this thread with the bluetooth not working and now its gone to the whole car !!
It appears you are the only person on this forum with this many Complaints on the new Picanto

and also by reading your posts you are not in the uk ??

which means your set ups and specs will be different to theUK market.

Also why wait until your first actual service whichis probs a few months awayconsidering you only just bought it when you have a 7 year warranty ?? If your seriously having problems take it back First thingMonday and demand it gets looked at ??

Ithink you will find that 1000km relates to a courtesy check not a service ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol, yea I can see how it seems to a problem in my brain. But I am really facing those problems.

The reason I don't want to take it now is I run on a tight schedule and don't have an alternate car. I have to make the service count. Plus the 1000km is an actual first service and not a courtesy check.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts