Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening boys and girls ,

I have owned my Sorrento 2012 automatic 2.2 diesel for a few years but in the last few weeks it has developed a whining noise when driving . Most noticeably above 30mph . It seems to be getting gradually worse too :(

A friend of mine said it could be the transmission bearings and might require refurbishment.

Has anyone had similar issues ? It’s done 125K miles but I really can’t afford a big bill !!

would welcome any advice please .
I was even considering taking it to ‘ Webuyany car.com) lol . But I would need to fix the wining noise first I guess
Thank you

Brucey

·
Registered
185 Posts
It could be a number of things, transmission, brakes, wheel bearings. Does it do it if you're in neutral and coasting down a hill? Does it stop if you brake? Can you lock the transmission into 4wd and try it in a straight line?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be a number of things, transmission, brakes, wheel bearings. Does it do it if you're in neutral and coasting down a hill? Does it stop if you brake? Can you lock the transmission into 4wd and try it in a straight line?
Thank
You for your reply .
It only seems to do it when driving and becomes noticeable about 30MPH . Seems to increase with speed and when slowing down it reduces and when below 30 it virtually stops .
Strangely when I start it from cold it seems to be ok . Then after a few minutes it begins

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to try and test putting it in neutral and going down a hill . Will try and do that tomorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts