Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body had same problem and rectified it please ? 2012/62 Kia Rio 1.1 CRDi 1 Air EcoDynamics 5dr h/b. Start the car and all ok, turn it off and it will not start unless you leave it exactly 15 seconds with the ignition fully off and it then will start. It will not start before the 15 seconds. Had new timing chain/kit fitted and checked 3 times and all ok. Immobilser light comes on and off when started. 2 Keys both registering ok.
Any solution much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timing chain kit has just been changed and checked and re checked. No engine light on or diagnostic trouble codes.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Pure speculation but I wonder if that is deliberate - perhaps to allow something or other to fully shut down? It cannot be very common to want to re-start less than 15 seconds after turning off. Does it crank? Why was timing chain kit fitted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pure speculation but I wonder if that is deliberate - perhaps to allow something or other to fully shut down? It cannot be very common to want to re-start less than 15 seconds after turning off. Does it crank? Why was timing chain kit fitted?
Timing chain kit fitted as high mileage and wear on sprockets and noisy for a milisecond on startup (Now ok). My concern is that if somebody stalled it say maybe in the middle of a junction or roundabout and cars were approaching it could be dangerous if it wont start for 15 seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi did you fix the starting problem . as i have just had the timing chan,s renewed ,and having the same
problem as you . help needed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi did you fix the starting problem . as i have just had the timing chan,s renewed ,and having the same
problem as you . help needed
Hi Sorry no
Ended up sending to auction. Had it to 2 auto electricians and the last one said he thought it was either an ECU issue or an ECU software update requirement but either way it would need to go to Kia. I cut my losses and got rid. Let me know if you do sort it out of curiosity. I would send it to Kia to get a diagnoses. May save money in the long run. Should be less than a £100 to get it diagnosed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts