Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i took delivery of my brand new sportage last week 3 days after it was delivered from kia. the car is a 1.6gdi 2 in white and had 11 miles on it when i collected it. the dealer was fantastic and i was happy with the car until 3 days after when i noticed what looks like RUST!! on the rear cills where the black plastic cill protectors are by the first fold in the metal (the part that can not be seen when the door is closed), its only a few small spots around 1.5-2mm but it is on the n/s/r and o/s/r around the same place. has any one else had an issue with this?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would take it back to the dealers and ask they to take a loosky, I wouldn't be happy if there was rust on a new car it must be down to poor preparation :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Scrape it off with your nail. It isn't rust, it's some sort of resin, seems to only really be noticable on the white. It was on mine anyway.

Paul

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
It's probably the remains of the thick coat of transit wax applied before it left the factory. There was the odd splodge of it left on ours when we picked it up. It doesn't really show on orange.

As Artic Paul said, scratch the worst of it off it off with your nail. I removed the residue by polishing with Autoglym Super Resin polish.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i had some on my white one. I just wiped it off with some spirit. no way its rust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts