Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Sportage two weeks ago and the Bluetooth worked perfectly until I attached the Kia iPod connecting cable. Now instead of connecting when I enter the car, it automatically says "Active Call" everytime and I have to "end" the call. Also, the functions on the steering wheel no longer work, when I press them it just says "Please wait" and then continues to play music. When I make a call from my phone however, it works through the Bluetooth. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Hotellights.

Don't have the answer and notconsidered the cable connectionhaving a knock-onwith the wireless connection other than to say the steering wheel buttons (red/green)work intermitantly after a couple of weeks. We deleted the phone pairing and then re-paired. It work for a while and nowit's back to flakey. I believe there is a major issue with the Bluetooth. I'm too lazy to kick up a fuss at the moment and I'll put money on Kia not having a cast iron solution. I'll be having a good whinge when I take it in for it's first service.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

The Bluetooth is definitely very flaky...I have numerous issues, including intermittent connectivity, calls routed to my phone despite being connected via bluetooth, not placing calls, Please Wait or Pardon response more than I would like, and unusable voice recognition for almost all the names in my contact list. The voice recognition does recognise numbers very well; it's just rubbish at recognising names, so I suspect it's a software issue, not hardware.

I brought it back to the dealer yesterday. They are going to report the issues to Kia tomorrow and let me know. I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting for a quick solution.

Apart from that, I love it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried deleting and then repairing, and now it is saying pairing failed. not sure if it's my phone (haven't updated my blackberry software in forever) or if it's related to the ipod cord. hopefully kia will have a solution.

·
Registered
662 Posts
you need to check with your dealer for phone compatibility make sure they check the correct list there are two lists depending on if the car has sat nav or not Blackberry's seem to be the worst with connection issues you will also need to enter your phones set up and do some thing with the encryption? or so my customers tell me personally don't have a mobile and don't want one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, except I started getting "Please Wait" after hooking up a USB drive.
I accidentally came across the solution...try this:

Turn off the Phone while in the car, then back on again. That's it...worked for me, give it a shot.

Not sure why, but somehow, turning off the phone, then turning it back on didthe trick.

Good luck...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts