Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I ordered a KX-3 Sat Nav Manual 20 crdi back in december. My part ex was valued and I was told it would not be available until march/april t the latest. March and april came and went i was then told Kia UK were telling my dealer it would be the end of Q2 i.e. end of june. I was told at the end of may it was high on the list. what list that is i have no idea. The dealer has no changed his tune and said we would have a chassis number allocated by the end of june.

So my question to you all is what is causing these massive delays? I have heard problems with 2.0ltrengine supplies, as 1.7 diesels and petrols engines are readily available.

My dealer is chomping at the bit to as he has to give me the original valuation which he did in november, but i am reluctant to register a car in july or august when the new reg comes out on the 1st september...

any views welcome

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I placed my order for a 2.0 CRDi KX2 Auto in November. The dealer's original estimation of end Jan moved back to end March because of a severe shortage of the 2.0 diesels which I understand are shared with Hyundai???. March then became Q2 - another factor mentioned was that 75% of orders are for 1.7 diesels and so Kia are focusing on meeting this demand. The dealer was starting to shift on Q2 when out of the blue the call came that it had been made and I tookdeliveryat the weekend.

I would be cautiously optimistic of getting it sooner rather than later - the dealer also took delivery of a 2.0 CRDi KX3 Sat Nav that came on the same shipment so they do seem to be appearing belatedly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The waiting time for a KX-3 has been six to seven months since September 2010. Your dealer seems to be the only person in the world who did not know that

In addition if he believed any delivery timethat KIA advised then he is living on a diferent planet.

Register the car as soon as possible - you will be absolutely stunned by it (except for the sat nav and bluetooth).

·
Registered
65 Posts
HI All,

The reason the sportages have a long lead time is A) due to the shear RETAIL Demand and B) because most of the sportages are being purchased as Fleet/companycars By Buisness' such as car hire firms and jobs that involve company vehicles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats the matter with the Sat Nav and bluetooth then?

I have had a first edition on a kx-3 sat nav a few times now the sat nav and bluetooth have always seemed ok..

I will have to wait and see i suppose, time will tell...

·
Registered
19 Posts
god, don't get some of the regulars on here started about the sat nav...you'll wish you'd never asked... you and I clearly have a very low expectation!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i can punch in a postcode and it takes me there then im happy..

if i can push a button and phone someone without getting lifted im happy too... if i want to get somewhere in a hurry i'll fly haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
quite agree... and if it avoids having a handheld navlooking naff stuck inyour window then all the better... before the anti sportage sat nav brigade chip in... the 'punching in a postcode' is a prob as can only do partial entry... if you surf the countless threads on here elsewhere you'll read all about it...

·
Registered
153 Posts
My satnav sits quietly with the road atlas on her lap and seldom lets me down. Doesn't have delay updates other than by Radio 2 and as for punching anything in.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts