Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all ,

Im new to the forum and wondered if you wonderful people would be able to help me please . I’m getting these codes:

P0098 sensor 2 intake air temperature sensor high signal
intermittent

P0238 Turbo/ supercharger sensor A circuit high
intermittent

I’m assuming code P0098 is causing the other fault code. I can’t find any reference to the IAT sensor . Is this incorporated into the MAF sensor ? Sometimes it drives fine then other times it’s like the turbo isn’t kicking in and won’t Rev too high either. Ive cleaned the MAF, the air box , new air filter, cleaned the connector but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Im new to the forum and wondered if you wonderful people would be able to help me please .
A belated welcome to the forum, 'Sport-age'.

As many forum members tend to look in on their particular model sub-forum without much regard for the rest, it might have been wise to place your thread in the appropriate Sportage sub-forum.

Nonetheless, hopefully someone will spot your post who may be able to provide the answers you want.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A belated welcome to the forum, 'Sport-age'.

As many forum members tend to look in on their particular model sub-forum without much regard for the rest, it might have been wise to place your thread in the appropriate Sportage sub-forum.

Nonetheless, hopefully someone will spot your post who may be able to provide the answers you want.
Thank you . I have posted in the sub-forum but no bites so I thought I’d cast my net further 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2011 sportage coming to me with p0238 also. Won't rev over 3000 rpm. Replaced the sensor on top of the intercooler with no difference. Did anyone ever get rid of p0238 like this?

@Sport-age yes the IAT in within the MAF. Hope you're sorted and all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morning ,
I posted my findings in the sub forum. Mine was a broken wire going into the MAP sensor that was affecting IAT 2 . IAT 1 is within the MAF and IAT 2 is within the MAP sensor . Check your wiring to the MAP , if that’s good , I would discount the MAF and see if that cures the problem (by disconnecting the MAF it will run on basic values stored in the ECU) if it revs and drives fine with this unplugged then the MAF sensor is the culprit or a bad wire to the MAF ! Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.