Kia Owners Club Forum banner

2011 Sorento Cruise control

5K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  Melincoed 
#1 ·
The cruise control on car is not working. When button is pressed to engage cruise control there is no light on dash.
I was thinking of a fuse issue not sure which one .
Have read about brake switch have issues.
Thanks
Melincoed

#4 ·
No, on my xse, in my handbook it is on page 4-38?........with the engine running,you hold the button in while the ECU learns and stores the information...switch off the engine and wait 7-8 seconds while the ECU is resetting....start the engine and press 'cruise' button until the green 'cruise' lights on the dashboard? .......mine is a mk1 but I would imagine that the system is the same?.......if you haven't got a handbook, you should download one?

#6 ·
A regular thing to stop it working is wire breaks inside steering wheel. It is called a clock spring cable for the reason it has to coil up like a clock spring the allow the steering wheel to turn.

#11 ·
A spring in the clock? No I haven't a clue what a spring in a digi clock would do either.

#15 ·
Googles for me (y)

#18 ·
Thanks to mcsport.
Picture on ebay not very good doesn't say if 7ch.
Removed the steering wheel today.removed cruise switch just incase there was something obvious I.e. dry joint. Nothing found. I think along your lines now clock spring.
Did read somewhere about actuator hose . Or vehicle speed sensor?.

#24 ·
Hi all
Changed the switch to control the cruise control. As instructed by the garage I bought car from . No expense to me they supplied switch.
Then change the clock spring as you all suggested.
Low and behold switch now works.
Thanks
Everyone for your input in helping me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.