Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there had my fab 2ltr petrol 4x4 sportage a couple of months now and love it. but do have the flatspot between gear changes that have been mentioned hear before, i can live with it, but has any one had it fixedwithout the hastle of persuading the dealer to try other ecu units.

·
Registered
153 Posts
When I had a test drive it had a terrible flat spot. My own car doesn't seem to have one at all. I wonder what accounts for the variation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that's what i will probably do, although please let us know if they fix it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mmmm that sounds promising although not shore what could have happened to cure it. i have worked in a couple of main dealers (paint and body shop dept )and i don't have much faith in there troubleshooting capabilities so fingers crossed

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
goodnews said:
hi there had my fab 2ltr petrol 4x4 sportage a couple of months now and love it. but do have the flat spot between gear changes that have been mentioned hear before, i can live with it, but has any one had it fixedwithout the hassle of persuading the dealer to try other ecu units.
hi again. have just filled up with shell vmax hi octane petrol as opposed to supermarket junk and the car feels to have more low down grunt and the hesitation between gear changes is less noticeable (or is it my imagination)would appreciate a secondopinion from other 2ltr petrol owners out there

·
Registered
52 Posts
This sounds like a run in problem if it has left the other sportage belonging to "John123" at a year old although it should,nt be happening at all. The only thing you can prob wait for is a software update and that will only happen if kia realise there is a software problem or mechanical issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts