Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just taken delivery of wonderful 2010 Sportage in Silver that we are really pleased with but ...

I've got a Blackberry 8520 and are having problems with the bluetooth. they pair together fine, but then when I get back in and start the car it keeps beeping "Pairing Failed". This beeping is constant and takes control of the stereo so the only way I can stop it is to turn the phone off.

Any help appreciated ...

Alex

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Alex, when you get backin andstarting the engine, its possible the head unit on the radio is loosing the bluetooth connection?

I use the blue tooth on my phone with an ear piece, better quility audio and saves the others in the car my verbal garbage!!!
Mind you just lately I have switched the phone off whilst driving, and if the call is that inportant they will leave me a text message or call me back later.

Bob.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Alex,

You must be one of the first in the country to take delivery of yours :) Congrats! I'm green with envvy - this is going to be a long month waiting!

One quick question - does your blackberry work fine in other cars as regards the bluetooth? I know that on my phone (a nokia n96) as well as doing the paiting, you have to make sure that the device is set to be "authorised" - otherwise the car will not be allowed to initialise the connection. If I don't set it to authorised, my car stereo (in my case a sony xplod thing) will do the same as yours and keep moaning that the pairing failed.

Perhaps worth investigating...

Jules

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The phone works in the Mini but will investigate the options as it is one of those annoying things as when it is paired properly it is really useful.

Thanks for the suggestion and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts