Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an issue of my front passenger door not opening from the outside even though the door is unlocked. I have tried to find a video etc to work out how to fix it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed? I've read somewhere that's it's a spring that has come off inside.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
The usual is a small spring on locking mechanism breaks.You need to remove the door panel and put hand up to mechanism to release the door. The door lock can then be removed and either make up a new spring to the correct length costing a few pence or buy a new locking mechanism. When the door is locked the spring is in constant tension and this is when it usually breaks. Therefore when unlocking there is nothing to pull the mechanism open.. Easier to remove the seat first and put on back seat, if you cannot open door,to get access to remove panel.. Picture showing small spring

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The usual is a small spring on locking mechanism breaks.You need to remove the door panel and put hand up to mechanism to release the door. The door lock can then be removed and either make up a new spring to the correct length costing a few pence or buy a new locking mechanism. When the door is locked the spring is in constant tension and this is when it usually breaks. Therefore when unlocking there is nothing to pull the mechanism open.. Easier to remove the seat first and put on back seat, if you cannot open door,to get access to remove panel.. Picture showing small spring
View attachment 5721
Thanks Birdman, I had a guy look at it this morning and it is the spring. Seems a few people have had the same issue. Still in the process of fixing it. Cheers for your advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts