Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the past 2 weeks, when i try to start my car, i wait for the glow plug light to go out and try to start the car, i hear a click and nothing happens. when i try to start it again, i wait for the glow plug light to go out, turn the key and the engine starts (sometimes it takes 2 atempts).

i had it in at kia yesterday to get checked out and it started first time, every time. they plugged it into diagnostics and it came back with no faults found.

so, i started it today, and guess what? it didnt start, itjust clicked. on second attempt it started ok. after driving it for 15minutes, i went to the shop. when i got back in my car to start it, it just clicked again then started on second attempt.

i feel that it may be a problem with the imobiliser. why do they only plug the car into the machine and not try to diagnose the problem without the machine? what happened to the good old mechanic?

has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved??

Rob.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I had to make a guess I would say starter solenoid or connections thereto.
That may not show up on diagnostics as it's not strictly electronics.
Someone may know better......as I said just a guess.

Chris

·
Registered
887 Posts
Battery or starter fault, I'll go with battery on this one.
Immobilser still allows car to turn over just won't let it start.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sincethe weathersbeen hot it starts ok but when it cools down it starts to play up again ie: mornings and evenings/nites

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im keeping track of it for a week, noting times ive gone to start the car and its not turned over fist try. hopefully this may show a trend on what times of day it starts to play up. when its cold or when its hot and to show the garage how often its failed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get the earthing checked out. I had a problem with my 09 1.6crdi, it just point-blank refused to turn over. Called out the AA, guy had the problem pegged in about 2 minutes. Temporary fix by adding in an additional earth from engine direct to battery, the earthing scheme in the ceed has the primary earth to the bodywork first, then to the engine, unlike any other car I've owned, where the primary earth goes direct to the engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well done Dervheid, its just been in again today (4th time) and after better inspection it turns out to be the main earth. lets see if we can get the JUDDER sorted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts