Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stepdaughters ceed broke down tuesday night , got it recovered home on investigation the fuel pump had gone . The car has only done 62000 ! So i bit the bullet and rang kia £253 for a fuel pump ! What ! I sent the wife over to boongate kia , peterbrough , she rang me saying it is only the pump not the full housing ! Any way , 4 small screwdrivers and a set of long nose pliers later and 30 minutes the ceed is up and running again ! Happy days

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry if this appears to be a daft question but why did you DIY?

Surely at under 7 years old and with under 100,000 miles its still under Kia's warranty.

I will admit I don't have a Kia but having read up on the warranty T & C's over the past few days it appears to be far more comprehensive than most warranties.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would have thought it would have been covered but we had the cat manifold fall apart on the car , so we brought a geniune manifold (£800) but had it fitted by a indepentant garage after kia said that was ok , so the 7 year warranty is now void !

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would be contacting Customer Services regarding this matter.

Similar case with a chap at work, had new brake pads fitted by independent and when the alternator failed the dealer refused to replace saying that the work on the brakes by a unofficial dealer mean't he had broken the T & C's of the warranty.

He first called Trading standards and then Ford customer services who were horrified by the treatment he had received. He was refunded the repair costs in full plus he got the next service FOC.

As I understand it work carried out by an indie will only end the warranty on the part they work on. The brakes had nothing to do with the alternator like the manifold has nothing to do with the fuel pump.

Providing the car has been fully serviced (like the chaps at work had and in his case by Ford) you will be covered.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
A genuine part fitted by an independent no way voids your warranty.Who was it that said it had.Also you fuel pump has no connection whatsoever with manifold replacement.The only thing that could have voided your warranty is if you do not have full service history carried out in the mileage and time restraints with full invoices to back it up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the manifold broke kia couldnt fit it in for repair for 3 weeks so it was them who said we could take it to a AA approved garage as long as we brought the manifold from them ! We have been batting emails backmand forth to kia customer service for over a year , the manifold failed due to bad workmanship ! I offered to drive to their head office to show them the manifold , they didnt want to know ! So i was £1060 out of pocket with that so my 2015 venga , 2015 picanto and 2010 ceed will be serviced and repaired by me !

·
Registered
240 Posts
One of the main reasons we have been considering a Kia is the 7 year warranty. With virtually every other make you get 3 years at best and some of those are next to useless after the first year when years 2 and 3 are dealer and not manufacturer based. Buying extended warranties costs a fortune and generally there are excesses to pay if you are lucky enough to have a valid claim, the T & C's are seriously written in favour of the manufacturer or 3rd party supplier. Having looked at the T & C's of the Kia warranty it seems to be pretty straightforward what is not covered and what you have to do to keep the warranty valid. I will be quite happy to comply if we go down the Kia route.

So I find it very strange that you have chosen to loose this valuable back up and probably reduce the value of your cars as well.

And as far as I can see there is nothing the the Kia T & C's about taking the car to an AA approved garage. Under the EU Block Exemption rules servicing can be carried out by any VAT registered garage using OEM parts and working to the Kia schedule. But as with all brands only an official dealer can carry out warranty work.

If I have got any of this incorrect please enlighten me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After owning a lot of different cars talking to kia customer services is like banging your head against a wall , they dont seam to listen to you , the manifold failed due to bad workmanship , a local kia dealer agreed with this , but kia customer services have the last say !

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
By not having others motors serviced thus loosing warranty is surely cutting your nose off to spite your face.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After 12 months with dealing with kia i couldnt care less ! If they had said that the manifold was not covered that would have been fine i could have got one for about £300 and fitted it myself , but we did everything as we was asked of us and then to be told that they wasnt going to pay up thats a low thing to do , and the £1060 it cost me would have gone a long way to the other repairs it might need ! You never know what the customer service is like until you need to make a claim ! I did purchase all 3 kias cheap so i can afford to spend a few pounds on them before they run a loss but the ceed is close to being sold on now before anything else goes wrong with it !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts