Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I have a 2009 TS Diesel on a 09 number plate. Do any of you well informed people out there know the size/dimensions of the front discs?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

·
Registered
52 Posts
The 2006 manual shows 298mm O.D. and 28mm thick. Later on for thickness check it then shows standard thickness 30mm with service limit of 28mm. Little bit of confusion there in the manual!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Another online site Brakeparts international confirms EBC site of 300mm dia 28mm thick.
2mm on diameter aint gonna make much difference. Well the wife told me so.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies fellas. Only done23,000 but i think i have a warp. I thought that it may be down to the binding reference that alcutler makes in his post. Ive also seen on a Mercedes forum that someone parked up before the snow, didn't use the car for 10 days and when he drove off the drive the discs were rubbing and had warped!someone had suggested that possibly the salt off the roads had rusted then warped them or the cold weather hadn't allowed the moisture to evaporate and this had caused rusting with the same result.This sounds pretty much the same as happened to me, parked up before the snow and didn't use it until the new year, when i drove off the drive i could hear the brakes rubbing and then noticed the juddering when braking under speed...Bugger!!! Bye the way corcaighbhoy i don't call my Mrs Bullitt for nothing!!! ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts