Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all purchased a 2009 samba today and the radio does not appear to be working (seems a common fault)
I have not taken delivery of the car yet, but I'm doing some advanced homework. It seems the 1st thing I need to try is a reset when I find the hole to try this, failing that I'm going to be looking at a replacement unit. There seems to be loads off replacement unit's on ebay but not necessarily described as KIA SOUL units, does any of the other Kia models share the same system? I have a poor screenshot of the non working head unit (as I said I don't have the paperwork yet to find out the model number).

Therefore, I was wondering please if anyone knew the model of this non working unit or could advise please on a replacement unit, either original or aftermarket that would look ok (and not mega bucks) ?
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Regards
Dale :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

Is it dead? There is likely to be a Fuse in the back of it.

There are fitting Kits available so you can fit a Sony, Kenwood, etc Double din
Read the Notes

Removal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your replies, just an update on this.
It seems like the radio turns on ok and all the functions work, however there is no sound output :( recent googling seems to point to amplifier failure (which is located behind a side panel in the boot). Does anyone know a way to bypass the amplifier?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am not familiar with the Soul.
Is the Amp fitted to all of them? Do you have a Sub Woofer in the Boot?

If it is causing a drain, unplugging it may get the other Speakers working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts