Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

The driver's seat recline in my ceed is stuck. The dial turns and I can hear it clicking but the seat back doesn't move forward. It means that the driving position is quite uncomfortable and possibly even dangerous. I don't seem to be able to see inside the mechanism so can't really do anything to diagnose what's going on.

Is it worth me trying to remove the seat and having a look from below (bearing in mind I wouldn't necessarily even know what I'm looking for) or should I take it in to a garage to get it looked at?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

Here is the Parts Diagram of the Seat
Might just be the Knob you twist has failed.

I have a Service Manual that goes through taking it apart. Can share if you are considering having a look.

Be aware that there is an Air Bag in the Seat Back next to the Door.
Normal Process for Air Bags is disconnect the Battery, Step on the Brakes to discharge any residual Power. Ideally leave it for an hour.
They are pretty resilient but there is always a risk.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum,

Here is the Parts Diagram of the Seat
Might just be the Knob you twist has failed.

I have a Service Manual that goes through taking it apart. Can share if you are considering having a look.

Be aware that there is an Air Bag in the Seat Back next to the Door.
Normal Process for Air Bags is disconnect the Battery, Step on the Brakes to discharge any residual Power. Ideally leave it for an hour.
They are pretty resilient but there is always a risk.
Thanks for the above. If you could share that would be great. At least if I can understand what is involved then I can decide whether I'm capable or not.

·
Registered
645 Posts
@mcsport a big thank you. Using both these documents I managed to find and fix the cause of the problem this afternoon. I am now sitting properly in my car again. Gotta replace the dial but once that's done I'll be fully sorted. Faith restored in the internet :)
Good to hear.
What was the problem? Useful to know in case someone else has the same problem :)

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Literally was as simple as inside the dial was worn out so it wasn't gripping the rod inside properly. I managed to get the rod turning using a socket set so the recline is sorted. Should be a more comfortable drive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts