Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can someone please clarify the following for me -

The wifes 2009 Ceed needs new front wiper blades. Would this car have left the factory with flat blade wipers or conventional style wipers ?

Ta

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just want to double check this - as the car has the hook type wiper arms this would indicate that the flatblades on the car are retro fit style flatblades and this is making me think that in actual fact the car should have the old style blades fitted ??

Ta

·
Registered
665 Posts
Old style blades tho are old hat and the newer retro flat blades are far more efficient.. but at the end of the day its your car to do with what you want and what floats ya boat I suppose..

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a set of flat blade wipers on my ceed.
An annoying noise is created each time the wipers change direction.
It is not the motor or linkages. It is the blade lifting a few mm and then falling again as the wiper part bends from 45 deg L 45 deg R.
Perhaps another brand would be different, or even the old style blades if they can be retrofitted.
The flat blades however perform flawlessly at speed so that must be reason enough to keep them

·
Registered
665 Posts
One of the biggest problems with wiper blade can be chatter and skipping.. a dirty windscreen can be the problem in many cases for this.. I personally have tried many things to get mine really clean but as yet have not been 100% successful..

·
Registered
363 Posts
You say they are hook type arms which is strange as my 2009 ceed have the wide insert with push button release, thought they were all this type with aero blades.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You say they are hook type arms which is strange as my 2009 ceed have the wide insert with push button release, thought they were all this type with aero blades.
Same as my 2008 1.6D LS
I would be very surprised if the S and GS Models came with a different Style but possible I suppose.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't know what model my ceed is but it too has the push button release and flat blade. Never experienced chatter or skipping, I'd recommend them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts