Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve tried looking online on how to switch out a rear break light socket cause my socket has gone bad and is all gunked up.

I can’t find anything. I can’t even find rear light socket parts to order. For this model does the whole wiring system have to be replaced instead of just an individual socket??
Please help with a part number for socket or whatever the answer is.

thankyou

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Might be looking at the whole rear light cluster, unless you are good at electrics and can solder a new socket in. Which should be a pretty std item.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Which raises another point. Someone must be selling plugs and sockets to car manufacturers. I was an electronics engineer and I couldn't find out who sold or made them. Certainly none of the usual suspects.

·
Registered
817 Posts
So I’ve tried looking online on how to switch out a rear break light socket cause my socket has gone bad and is all gunked up.

I can’t find anything. I can’t even find rear light socket parts to order. For this model does the whole wiring system have to be replaced instead of just an individual socket??
Please help with a part number for socket or whatever the answer is.

thankyou
Can it be cleaned and treated with one of the proprietary contact cleaning solutions?

DeoxIT have a very good cleaning and separate treatment solution, expensive though. Failing that anything designed to clean electrical contacts is good (not WD40)

If that is not practical find a donor car in a scrap yard?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts