Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had a 2007 Sportage for about a year now, what a great car
. The question I have as a new member is can the A/C be turned offand left off.? Each time you turn the ignition on, the A/C comes on as well, if I want it on I'll put it on, is how I would like it to be.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the airflow is set to the windscreen setting only the A/C will always activate on start up, set it to the screen/floor setting and it should stay off, cheers iain

·
Registered
197 Posts
thrha1 said:
Have had a 2007 Sportage for about a year now, what a great car
. The question I have as a new member is can the A/C be turned offand left off.? Each time you turn the ignition on, the A/C comes on as well, if I want it on I'll put it on, is how I would like it to be.

Any suggestions?

Yes, it is possible to override the auto A/C on to make the switch purely manual except when you select Max A/C.

It's explained in your handbook (section 4 - cancel defogging logic) but this is how you do it:

Turn ignition to ON

Select windscreen position on the rotary control

Push the air intake button in the centre of the control at least 5 times in 3 seconds

The air intake button will then blink 3 times - job done! (to revert repeat the procedure)

Please let us all know how this works for you....it's how I run my car...like you, I prefer to decide when I want A/C (which is not at this moment)!

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi all just a note to say the above post will only work on the manual climate control,there is also auto climate control fitted to the xs,and titan versions and the defogging logic solution will not help these cars. h.

·
Registered
197 Posts
howiet said:
hi all just a note to say the above post will only work on the manual climate control,there is also auto climate control fitted to the xs,and titan versions and the defogging logic solution will not help these cars. h.

The instructions I wrote were for the manual A/C. However, you can also cancel the logic for the climate control versions if you want to. Proceed as above but at the 3rd stage hold down the A/C button while at the same time pressing the air intake button at least 5 times in 3 seconds.

Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, Thanks for that :)I asked the same question in the newbies section but didn't get an answer yet.

I'll try and link back to this forum in case anybody else has the same question :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts