Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I'm having a head ache with this sportage of mine.
first of all I was driving at 70mph on motorway and jeep cut out like someone turn off the key this happened 4 times in about 15 miles. I'd have to pull over and try start it but it only cranked 10 mins later it would start. when I got home I check for codes a code for crank sensor came up so next day I changed it but everything back together but now runs like a pig. when the car is cold there is no response from throttle until it warms up but still it would struggle to get to 3k revs I took for quick spin and then the car drove ok hit the high revs in every gear until I'd stop at traffic lights it would take it's time to pull off.. I checked for codes got p0299 low pressure at turbo with engine light flashing.... there is a lot of white smoke at rear with the smell of burning oil... but I cant understand how this would happen when I only changed crankshaft sensor..
I check all intake hoses air filter they seems ok change boost pressure sensor but still the same
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
EGR not seating therefore inadequate combustion taking place hence the smell. Take it out and clean or replace

·
Registered
341 Posts
Would go for the EGR also like BIRDMAN suggested, see other thread just posted here also

One other thing, the crank signal is vital to the correct functioning of the Pressure Control Valve on the Bosch CP3 High Pressure Pump & the Pressure Control Valve controls the rail pressure on the common rail. A high quality Crank Sensor is a must.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would go for the EGR also like BIRDMAN suggested, see other thread just posted here also

One other thing, the crank signal is vital to the correct functioning of the Pressure Control Valve on the Bosch CP3 High Pressure Pump & the Pressure Control Valve controls the rail pressure on the common rail. A high quality Crank Sensor is a must.
Thanks I'm gonna give it a go today. the crank sensor I got wasn't a kia part so if after I clean the egr and still the same I'll order new egr and crank sensor from dealership
I'll let you all know how I get on
thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Genuine EGR valves are expensive and require a little calibration on install so a good clean will save you a packet.
I bought a branded (but non genuine) crank sensor last Nov and I need to test it tomorrow to verify its operation as I have a starting problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the one I have in now is Bosch when I crack it the rev counter climbs and it will start every time... it's just running like a bag of nails till it warms up I was ment to work on car today but rain as not let me so hopefully this weekend will do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts