Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kia picanto 2007, bought recently, is there a way of disconnecting the alarm? I have to get a new battery for the fob key (screw is wrung) and when I manually unlock the car the alarm goes off and the car wont start. I would rather lock/unlock manually anyway so is there a way I can disable the alarm permanently. Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
When the car has been locked with the fob the alarm will always go off when unlocked with key. It may be worth disconnecting the car battery overnight and then see if it will reset itself. The central locking and immobiliser is all interlinked in the Etacs unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the car has been locked with the fob the alarm will always go off when unlocked with key. It may be worth disconnecting the car battery overnight and then see if it will reset itself. The central locking and immobiliser is all interlinked in the Etacs unit.
Thanks I'll try that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.