Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, For the last month been having a problem with my 2006 (facelift) 2.9 crdi, with the engine check light coming on after doing between 5 - 10 miles, although it runs as usual. Checked it with a code reader with the light displayed and no faults either stored or pending. Give it a good going over checking all cabling and connections and all seemed ok - but light still coming on. Did a bit of research on internet and saw that this can be caused by by the fuel filler cap not being tightened up enough - checked mine and it wasn't quite as tight as it should be. Today driven 160 miles from Derbyshire up to the Lake District mostly motorway or fast dual carrigeway average speeds b/t 60 -70 mph and it never missed a beat w/o the light coming on - and I thought I had cracked it- however at after 75 miles the light came on again while on the M6 - still no problems with the car. Stopped in a Service Area for a drink and restarted the car a couple of times and the light was out for the rest of the journey.Don't really know where to start especially with no codes coming up - I serviced it a couple of months ago with new fuel and air filter. Car has done 30k.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts