Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - we have a Sportage 2006 CRDi XS (138bhp) which has developed a fault.
On cold mornings starting is now an issue but normally she will go after a few turns.

Ithought initially about a glow plug problem.

However, on idle there is no throttle response. You can even put your foot flat to the floor and nothing - it just idles, albeit quite roughly. After a minute or so, the throttle response returns and the car then seems to run ok. Not sure if this is also related, but last week I'd travelled a mile or so after a cold start and all of a sudden the throttle response went again. As they say - "Houston we have a Problem". Regards - Steve
Edited by: g0uihsteve

·
Registered
197 Posts
Steve,

I don't want to insult your intelligence but please confirm that you are waiting for the glow plug light to go out before cranking.

Richard

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Steve
When was the last service? was the fuel filter changed? have the glow plugs been changed since new?

No throttle response !!!! did the engine stop?

Has the starting been getting slowly worse?

Bob

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Steve,

Sorry I had to ask the obvious question but a year or so ago there was someone who hadn't the patience for the light to go out and couldn't understand why waiting was necessary.

I have a feeling (gut) that there may be an ECU problem - I've had one of these caused by mice (!!) chewing a cable which then shorted when I asked for power and the engine moved slightly in the mounts. I also had a similar problem (but different cause ) with a Fiat JTD that just refused to accelerate from low revs. I suspect you need to get a dealer to plug in the diagnostics.

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.