Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a replacement key & remote fob for my 2005 Sorenton as I have lost my spare !

Any one know a cost for the above ?

Is the dealer the only option?

many thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure......
but I need a battery for my keyfob - Do I need a dealer or is it a straight forward DIY replacment - ie will it retain its programming ??

·
Registered
662 Posts
first question yes dealer only for key and remote cost varies so ask your dealers make sure they include the programming costs

second question yes you can change the battery and it will not loose its code use a quality battery not a market stall special

·
Registered
4 Posts
Viking Paul said:
first question yes dealer only for key and remote cost varies so ask your dealers make sure they include the programming costs

second question yes you can change the battery and it will not loose its code use a quality battery not a market stall special

my friend's car make is a KIA and last year when he lost his key and dealer asked him for £200 (new key and programming) i suggested him to call this company http://www.autokeysquad.com/processwhere i got the spare for my nissans micra (i got a manual spare for £130 all inc price) he got his new remote key from them for £ 170 and an extra manual spare for £35 everything was included in that price.
cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts