Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, heres a poser for the boffins out there. my mate just phoned and said he's got a 2005 sedona, i assume from the year its a common rail job, and the only way he can get it to start is priming her up with easy start! then it will run till he turns it off. when he goes to start her again same thing, i said at first it is down on compression, he insists its quite a low milage one and this just started all of a sudden! he has put a fault code reader on it and it is coming up [a/t] is this a code? all i can find that is anything like a/t is automatic transfer box. the only problem being the car is a manual!! i dont know what to say to him now so any ideas anyone? cheers all, regards, stanman

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi, Sounds like he may have an air leak somewhere in the fuel system allowingair into the system- has he done any work to the fuel system lately ie. changing the fuel filter

·
Registered
192 Posts
could be a number of things check all fuel lines change fuel filter too, injectors check them check fuel pump check the air system too .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts