Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for a bit of help with my sick car. I bought it in december and it ran great. Since just before christmas it became difficult to start, it now struggles to start and when driving has very low power, when slowing down or dipping the clutch the revs die off and it stalls. I have changed both coils packs, ht leads and plugs. Have run my obd live scanner on it but no faults showing. I still need to do a compression test which I'm hoping to get done this weekend. The fuel filter looks quite new so that should be ok. I noticed today when revving with the door and bonnet open that I could hear a misfire. I hope someone can help as I am getting stumped.
Many thanks to you all

Ade

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did the old plugs look OK? eg. not black and sooty looking.
Also check the air filter is clean and I would change the fuel filter just in case. I would think that if it was due to compression loss there might be a faint smell of petrol from your oil as the gasses would escape into the crank case. Can't think of anything else but I am sure someone can come up with some more ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The air filter is spotless as it was definitely changed about 500 miles ago. Think I'll change the fuel filter and maybe redex the tank to clean the injectors just in case.

Cheers

Ade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts