Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2002 kia sportage 2 litre petrol and it as present intermittently revving at 1500 rpm on idle could someone give me any pointers to what may be the problem and if i need to replace a certain part thanks shane

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Shane have a good look around the induction system for air leaks (rubber pipe split or damaged) you may hear a hissing sound when it is running to give you a clue.
Is it when you first start it or when at normal temperature?

If its done a few miles it maybe the idler unit on the throttle body may need cleaning with carb cleaner.

Hope the above helps.

Bob.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll agree with Bob on that one. Is a common problem as the flexible rubber pipe that connects the throttle housing with the air box cracks due to old age and too vigorous man handling during air filter changes. Take the pipe off (two jubilee clips) and look closely around the gaiters for splits. A new one will cost about £35 or you could make a temporary repair using silicone sealant and electrical tape like I did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As you stand looking at the engine, reach to the rear of the inlet manifold left hand side you will find a small steal pipe blocked off with a rubber bung. this bung splits, replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts