Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 GT-LINE S AWD
67 Posts
There is an official UK safety recall on UK EV6s. I believe it’s to do with the rollaway risk reported in USA but unsure.
Check your vehicle on the UK gov website -www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall
Thanks booked in now.

There are also a couple of “Service actions” - HVAC logic update & External amp upgrade\ replacement. These were advised by the dealer when I phoned to make the appointment for the safety recall.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 GT-LINE S AWD
67 Posts
Thanks booked in now.

There are also a couple of “Service actions” - HVAC logic update & External amp upgrade\ replacement. These were advised by the dealer when I phoned to make the appointment for the safety recall.
Apologies for replying to my own post…

When I picked my car up from the dealer, they had lost the job card and couldn’t give me a print out of what they had actually done to the car. After a moment or two’s discussion they have promised to send a copy of the information they send to Kia when work like this is done.

Then, when I drove the car home from the dealer, I was really disappointed with the sound quality which seemed worse than before the above work. At this point I was a drifting into stress head mode. 😡

Anyway, today I started the car in the morning and the sound is now incredibly improved. Loads of bass (this had been my biggest gripe) and just somehow beefier overall. Authentic mode sounded slightly reedy before this update and surround seems to act like a “loudness button.”

I can only guess that something has reset at some point. Maybe when the car was charging overnight?

I tried the same music by wire and via CarPlay2 and I’m not picking up any difference.

I feel like I’ve won a gold watch.

I would suggest anyone who hasn’t had this upgrade calls their dealer and explicitly asks if there is a service action for External Amp Upgrade\ replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apologies for replying to my own post…

When I picked my car up from the dealer, they had lost the job card and couldn’t give me a print out of what they had actually done to the car. After a moment or two’s discussion they have promised to send a copy of the information they send to Kia when work like this is done.

Then, when I drove the car home from the dealer, I was really disappointed with the sound quality which seemed worse than before the above work. At this point I was a drifting into stress head mode. 😡

Anyway, today I started the car in the morning and the sound is now incredibly improved. Loads of bass (this had been my biggest gripe) and just somehow beefier overall. Authentic mode sounded slightly reedy before this update and surround seems to act like a “loudness button.”

I can only guess that something has reset at some point. Maybe when the car was charging overnight?

I tried the same music by wire and via CarPlay2 and I’m not picking up any difference.

I feel like I’ve won a gold watch.

I would suggest anyone who hasn’t had this upgrade calls their dealer and explicitly asks if there is a service action for External Amp Upgrade\ replacement.
Excuse my ignorance....but how do you know if your car needs the upgrades? Does your dealer or Kia contact you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put your reg in Gov Check MOT site and at the bottom there is a 'Outstanding recalls' section.

If your car is affected it will show up.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 GT-LINE S AWD
67 Posts
Excuse my ignorance....but how do you know if your car needs the upgrades? Does your dealer or Kia contact you?
As Inforce says - you can check for safety recalls on the government site, though your dealer should really reach out to you.

My dealer hadn’t contacted me about the two so-called service actions - only telling me when they checked their system for the safety recall. Therefore my dealer is unreliable and I will have to ask them to check every time I see an upgrade mentioned online in this and other forums.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
36 Posts
I just checked on the recall site & it just says a recall has been outstanding since at least 17th June but no details of what its for. I heard nothing from the dealer.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
36 Posts
I'm booked in for 1st July for the recall. They were vague about what needs doing but its 2 software updates one of which if for HVAC, no parts needed. Said to take 2 hours. The recall is on the UK government site so unlikly to be just a service issue.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Air
4 Posts
I had my recall software update done yesterday to cure the roll away issue but didnt get the ultrasonic sensors changed to stop the false alarms. Apparently on long back order and it affects other models as well.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
36 Posts
My car has recently started to sound the alarm for no apparent reason. If the ultrasonic sensors cover the interior of the car I assume there is a way to switch them off if the alarm is being a nuisance.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Air
4 Posts
Settings/Vehicle/Convenience stop Advanced Alarm. Has to be done every time you want to use as it resets itself when the car is switched on. ( Copied from previous post)
Very useful if you have a dog in the car and have to leave the car for a few seconds. (Obviously not in the sun).
My car will sometimes set off the alarm 5 or ten minutes after locking and walking away. I use the Kia connect app to check its still locked but still annoying.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Pretty sure only safety recalls will get contact from dealers. If it is just a service recall/update then they will be done at service time.
This is recall, the dealer should be contacting IMHO. The other items such as HVAC etc are of such an order of magnitude, a dealer would have to be mad to simply leave it to annoy customers until 2yrs time IMHO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts