Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the largest tire I can put on a stock 2000 Sportage w/15" wheels, I have 205/70/15 now which is factory! I want to go to 235/70/15 just wondering if anyone has done this or knows if it can be done? Thanks. Phil

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Phil and welcome to the forum, you may get more information on the Kia Forum as the folks in the USA seem to do a lot of this type of work on their Sportages.

With our 7 year warrenty we dont do much at the moment, but as more of them age no doubt we shall see more of the "Wolf in sheep clothing" conversions going on and also the parts will be more avaible.

Bob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just put on my 235/75/15's on stock 2000 Sportage & they fit perfect, it even feels like a smoother ride now. So that is definately as large as you can go cause they're in there perfect, now of I'm in Canada so lift kits aren't popular around here let alone one for a Kia Sportage! Just want a 2-4" suspension lift, I think it'll look cool like that!lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been able to hit the highway yet with another vehicle to see how far out it is, I do think it's out a little though just by the revs and gear I'm in it feels different then what it's reading. I'll post the difference in km/h since I'm Canadian so people have a general idea. Thanks. Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts