Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me i have a 2001 y reg kia sedona, when the weather started to get cold, it started not running properly. it will not rev up and if it can, then black smoke from unburnt diesel come flowing out the back. it has no power under load, i can only drive at about 15-20 miles per hour unless it changes gear. i have heard it could be a diesel pump, or something to do with the EGR valve and this stops the turbo working. trouble is i have no idea where this is. PLEASE HELP i have no car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi
If its the ERG valve its located by the turbo have alook further back in this forum as someone has blanked the valve off with a bit of coke can. Try it it may work and costs nothing .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i,ll give it a look, i dont suppose any one has drawing of the engine and the diesel pump, just in case it's not the EGR.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Not sure why you would need a diagram of the engine and fuel pump for . If the pump is goosed then its and exchange or second hand unit ,not much you can do with it. I'd try the ERG valve first .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bruno, i,ll do that. couldn't fine the fix with a coke can, looked all through the forum.
sounds interesting through.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts