Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad and i ordered 2 kx3 2ltr crdi one being a nav version on the second week of december 2010 idea being we get them on 1st march for the new 11 plate

iv seen all the probs others have wating on there newfe does any one have any reliable info on the progress of these models in general

im going in to the dealer tomorrow but not holding my breath

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok went in today no idea when cars will be in --dealer says kia say Q1
so what are you going to do for me answer-- 17.5% vat not the 20% they were charging and first 2 services free on both cars

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thought I would call in a my dealers today and was told there is now a wait of about 6 months for new orders for 2ltr petrol and diesel modelsthough 1.6 and 1.7 are available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like Craig I ordered by KX3 2nd week December and was at that time told end Jan/early Feb delivery (oh what a fool I was to beleive that!!).

My current car reqd MOT at end Feb so when the dealer was doing that for me (as a deal due to delay) I asked about update - best they could "foresee" was sometime in June!!

Being slightly ticked off at 7 months for a KIA (I am not buying a ferrari!) I thought I'd contact KIA UK, thinking that there is no way the dealer is on the ball becasue surely my car will have an order number and be able to be tracked thorugh their system? It turns out that the dealer is on the ball and its KIA's antiquated manufacturing systems that are falling down since all thast KIA UK could advise was "likely early-mid June but cannot guarnatee"!

Says it all I think, whch is a real shame cause the car is a beaut.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I ordered my KX3 sat nav 2 months ago, picking it up on Saturday. Its not an FE so not sure if thats why ithas been so quick.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
up date

first kx3 2ltr d gunmetal grey ariving fri or mon thats ma dads
my kx3 sat 2ltr d some time in may i have been informed by the md of kia uk

how the hell did you get yours so quick hgf69

what is the spec of your kx3 and colour

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
na booking taken at longstone kia in december but its now under the banner of belmont at sighthill

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aaahhhhh phoned today to get a break down of the exact amount I was getting hit with for the first car they totally deny the 17.5% and say there is no way they could do that
Did how ever get the 2 services
There was also a sneaky £118 for mats and fuel we did ask for proper sportage mats instead of dealer crap but I did think they would have been free of charge as for how much fuel that could be a laugh I'll price the mats tomorrow from a couple of places, that should tell me how much fuel there should be in the car
on the whole I'm raging at being lied to but the car is there and available for collection on sat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Craig,

that is shocking mate !!!! I think part of KIA's delivery package is to simply put a total of £8.00 of fuel in it, or at least that is what they did for us lol...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Craig, what a rip off. I got car mats thrown in for waiting so long, (nearly 7 months) and a quarter a tank of fuel with 17.5% vat. Tell them you dont need the fuel, you will put your own in. Lets see them try and take it out when you go and collect it, LOL. Not really nice considering you have bought 2 new sportages from them.
PS I bought some aftermarket mats that are about 10mm thick with Kia Sportage embroidered along the edge of the drivers and passengers side. Also with a very thick heal pad. They arenow my posh spare mats. lol.

PS the car is worth the wait. and as for admiring glances, Lots from audi drivers I have found. PS mine is Techno orange, so you cant miss it, LOL.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's the 2L petrol. 12 hours til I get the keys and a nice run on Saturday.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi guys thanks for all the suport both cars ordered are 2L diesel AWD
i have thrown the issue back at kia ukMD michael cole andhave received an email to say that this will be investigated

so its the last chance saloon if you are reading this belmont

pick up my dads car back of 10 this morning there better be at least 50ltr + of fuel in it

also another pet hate of mine is the rear number plate fixings ill come back to that after iv inspected the car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Craig, can you publish Michael Cole's email at all ? As I am pressing ahead with the Bluetooth issue with VOSA and Watchdog. Good luck with the collection this morning, keep us posted ? Same for you HGF69. lol...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.